ICYMI: here are some updates from last night’s Committee of the Whole meeting:
- All temporary easements have been sign and work will soon begin on the sidewalks in Woodside Mill area.
- Engineering work has begun on the headways in Hunters’ Hill road and Powderhorn Dr.
- Street crews have cleaned 60 storm drains to allow for quicker removal of standing water in roadways.
- Creek crossing at Grandview repairs are underway. We only have one remaining in Poinsettia.
- Police Department has renewed their traffic safety grant in the amount of $62,000.00. The grant funds the position and benefits for this program.
- A replacement traffic counter has been ordered to allow us to finish the traffic study in Hunters Woods.
- Progress is still being made on Station Five.
- Fire Department personnel will be participating in Fire Safe SC held by the State Fire Marshal Office to address reducing fire deaths within the State.
Parks and Recreation
Parks and Rec have cleaned up the plaza area on North Main Street in front of Shortfields and will continue on South Main in the following weeks.
Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber has requested they be allowed to submit a monthly report as other departments within the City in lieu of appearing monthly. Staff have suggested that they appear quarterly, and they were receptive to this.
- Planner I, Ben Hyde’s first day was the day of this meeting: September 26th. We look forward to having him on board and are excited about what he can bring to Simpsonville.
- We have made some office changes at City Hall to allow for a conference room.
- Interim City Administrator, Chief Wesley Williams, will be attending the Greenville Administrator meeting on September 20th.
Other new hires for August were:
- Brandon Davis – Police
- Diane Kennedy – Police
- Michael Milam – Fire
- James Mosley – Police
- William Preston – Fire
- Travis Tarrant – Recreation
We welcome these new employees to Team Simpsonville! It takes all of us working together–One Simpsonville–to make Simpsonville the best it can be!